Having just bought a condo, I don’t want to stretch myself too thin financially by planning too many large trips so I’m planning out a few smaller ones: I still need to feed the travel bug! (I’m kind of lying here because in the next two years I have trips planned to Calgary, down south to somewhere warm, New Zealand and Paris).
I’ve organized the list into small day trips as well as long weekend ones. If you have ANY suggestions, please share them in the comments below! I would love to hear about your list as well.
- A couple places around Ottawa: Tulip Fest in May (Completed), Notre Dame Bascilica, West Block tour, Senate of Canada tour
- Eagles Nest Lookout. I went in the fall and the views are gorgeous.
- Rock Dunder: speaking of gorgeous views, I love this hiking trail. (Completed August 5)
- Lots of hikes in Gatineau Park and surrounding Ottawa (I did the Jack Pine Trail, Lime Kiln Trail, Carbide Willson)
- Ottawa Museums: free on Thursdays!
- Bonnechere Caves
- Drive-in Theatre at Port Elmsley (Completed June 29)
- Ithaca for some amazing waterfalls (Completed May 20)
- MS Bike in Prince Edward County: I’m doing the MS Bike again (donate here) and I booked a room at an inn for the night before. It is the same weekend as the lavender festival and I loved taking pictures of the bees last year and plan to do the same again this year. (Completed July 6-8)
- Montreal: I’ve always loved Montreal and I want to go for some photo opportunities.
- Adirondacks for a weekend of hiking and camping.
- Algonquin Park for a weekend of hiking and camping.