I’ve been on some major trips in the last few years:
- Iceland (lots to read Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) – May 2016
- New York City, USA – July 2016
- Cuba – December 2016
- Calgary, Canada – February 2017
- London, England (Part 1, Part 2) – March 2017
- Dublin, Ireland – March 2017
- Northern Ireland here – March 2017
- Vancouver and Victoria, Canada here – August 2017
- Berlin and Cologne, Germany – November 2017
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – November 2017
I decided that this year I would do most of my travelling locally for two reasons. One, I am so grateful for my job but, as you can see, have taken quite a few vacations in the last 2 years. I figured this year I would take off a Friday/Monday here and there do one big trip near the end of the year. Second, I am a bridesmaid in two of my best friend’s weddings within a year and both are across the country (Canada)! So I have to balance financial obligations as well as taking time off for both weddings. So this year, my shorter trips include:
- Niagara Falls, Canada (went for a weekend in February).
- Kingston, Canada (a weekend in March for a university reunion with friends).
- Montreal, Canada (a weekend in May for a friend’s birthday).
- Camping in Algonquin Park (Ontario, Canada) (a weekend in June).
- Calgary for a bridal shower and one wedding in July.
- A hiking trip (potentially Catskills, NY) in early September.
I’m looking into a longer trip at the end of September/beginning of October with a friend to explore a little more of Europe. We are thinking Prague, Vienna and Budapest!
So, keep your eyes peeled for some planning posts for my upcoming trips and if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below!