As I like to say “All you need is your passport and wallet. Everything else is extra”. When I’m doing a last minute check, those are the two things I make sure I have ready when I walk out my front door. (Almost) everything else can be bought at your destination but you can’t get there if you don’t have your passport and you can’t buy anything if you don’t have your wallet!
However, there are six other items that I like to bring along with me:
- Travel visa (if required) – I’ve never actually travelled somewhere where I’ve needed one but I’ve looked into travelling places that require one. Make sure to look it up beforehand!
- My phone and charger. It’s easy to use to snap a picture, write a travel diary (thanks Iceland travel buddy) and do more research (when I can access free wifi). It’s also needed in case of emergencies!
- My camera with a fully charged battery. I purchased a Nikon D3300 camera for my trip to Iceland (May 2016) and I’m still learning how to shoot in manual mode. I’m excited to learn more about photography and improve the pictures I share with you on Passpportunities.
- Universal travel adapter (for international trips) to keep my phone and other electronics charged!
- Toiletries kit. Must haves include: toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, face wash/wipes, shampoo, soap and sunscreen. I can get by without these extras which include mascara, hair ties, hair products and lipstick.
- Comfortable walking shoes. I love my Nikes and converse.
Do you have any other travel essentials not on my list? Let me know!