As I like to say “All you need is your passport and wallet. Everything else is extra”. When I’m doing a last minute check, those are the two things I make sure I have ready when I walk out my front door. (Almost) everything else can be bought at your destination but you can’t get there if you don’t have your passport and you can’t buy anything if you don’t have your wallet!
However, there are my top 6 travel essentials that I like to bring along with me:
- Travel visa (if required) – I’ve never actually travelled somewhere where I’ve needed one but I’ve looked into travelling places that require one. Make sure to look it up beforehand!
- My phone and portable charger. Necessary for social media and emergencies.
- My camera with a fully charged battery. I purchased a Nikon D3300 camera for my trip to Iceland (May 2016) and I could not imagine travelling without it.
- Universal travel adapter (for international trips).
- Toiletries kit. Must haves include: toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, face wash, shampoo, soap and sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes. I love my Reebok and converse.
Do you have any other travel essentials not on my list? Let me know!